7 Days - Bird Watching Tour
The following Bird Watching itinerary is tailored to give travelers the maximum opportunity to witness some of the ‘most-wanted’ species of birds and other wildlife, making use of our many years of experience in leading bird and wildlife tours in Sri Lanka. It is possible to alter the number of days and sites in the itinerary according to your preferences!
This is a private tour package, guest have the freedom of travel on location in a private vehicle.
Day 1 - Meet and assist at the Colombo International Airport (BIA) (CMB) by our company representative and proceed to a hotel in Colombo or near the airport where you will spend the night.
Day 2 - Colombo / Kithulagala
The following day we leave for Kitulgala to visit the Kitulgala rainforest. Here we will spend time looking for wet lowland forest birds including endemics and nocturnal birds along with butterflies, forest mammals and other wildlife. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kitulgala.
Day 3 - Kihulgala / Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast in Kitulgala we proceed to Nuwara Eliya. Nuwara Eliya, of the Central Highlands of Sri Lanka is located at an altitude 6,200 ft. above sea level was made into a health resort by the British in the 19th century. Such is the character of the district of Nuwara Eliya, with its home gardens of plants and flowers and cultivation of vegetables, even today it is known as Little England.
En-route visit a Tea Plantation. Since the introduction of tea to Sri Lanka in mid-19th century Nuwara Eliya has been the capital of the tea industry. For many miles prior to reaching Nuwara Eliya from either direction you will find acres and acres of tea plantations. There are many factories open for visitors which also have tea sales outlets. Overnight stay at the hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Day 5 - NUwara Eliya / Kandy
On the 5th day we leave for Kandy. Here we arrange a visit to the Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya which is just outside the city limits of Kandy. You can search forest Birds including some endemics along with a variety of butterflies in your visit. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kandy.
Day 6 - Kandy / Nigombo
After breakfast in Kandy we proceed to the West coast of the country. Sri Lanka, which is an island is endowed with over a thousand miles of beautiful beaches fringed with coconut palms. Enjoy the sun and the sand and relax in the tropical climate. Overnight stay at a hotel in Negombo.
Day 7 - Negombo / Airport
Leave the hotel at the standard check-out time and proceed to the airport for departure.
• Meet and assistance at the Colombo International Airport.
• Transportation by an air-conditioned vehicle with English Speaking Chauffer.
• All fuel, insurance and license fees of the vehicle.
• Replacement of vehicle in case of breakdown or emergency.
• Accommodation on single /double /triple room sharing basis.
• Meals on Bed & Breakfast basis at the hotels reserved.
The Price does Not Includes;
• Kandy Perahera Supplements.
• Entrance fees and tickets in Sri Lanka.
• Safari Jeep and boat Charges.
• Air ticket expenses from your country to Sri Lanka and return journey.
• Lunch & Dinner Expenses
• Extra items consumed / facilities utilized in Hotels.
• Tips to service men and drivers.
• Expenses of personal nature such as liquor, cigarettes etc.
• Camera Charges and video recording charges payable at the sites.