Hibiscus Garden Hotel Tissamaharamaya
Directly in the middle of beautiful tropical surroundings, far away from the tourist masses, the Hibiscus Garden Hotel offers a perfect starting point for exciting excursions in the nearby nature reserves, for safaris in the Yala National Park and the tropical rain forests, bird watching in the protected bird lands, or perhaps a chance to relax on the hotel´s own beach for regenerating the body and soul.
The 20 comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms are offered with air-conditioning, fan, solar hot water, free WiFi-Internet, water heater and minibar. The main house offers a spacious lobby with reception on the ground floor. The open-air restaurant is located on the first floor, where you can experience the exquisite kitchen with its delicious local, eastern and western dishes while enjoying a wonderful view of the emerald green fields on the nearby mountains.
You can book a variety of excursions to the nearby areas direcly from the Hotel, for example:
- Safari in Yala National Park
- Bird watching in Bundala within Protected Bird Reserves
- Relax, BBQ or lobster dinner on the beach
- Visit the Kataragama Temples (once a year, in July / August, you can view a large procession with many decorated elephants)
- Boat trip to the bird island on the reservoir Tissamaharama during twilight